Wednesday 7 December 2011

First Post! Animal Nails

Hello, welcome to my new blog! 
So my first post is animal nails, which feature a panda, a frog, a random bird (which kind of accidentally resembles an Angry Bird), a penguin and a flamingo. This is the most complicated nail art I've done, and I've only been doing it for about a month. The majority being simple spots and french tip lightning bolts (which were pretty cool!), anyway I was super proud of this even though it wasn't perfect.
On all my nails I used no 7 - Nougat as a base colour.


So here is the flamingo, he was my favourite and I was really proud of him. I used Nail Supreme nail pens for this as well as no 17's Fairy Cake (which was the pale pink). I started off with the bright pink nail pen and painted the basic shape of the flamingo, then once that had dried I took the pale pink and added his beak. Then using the black I added the black bottom of his beak and the eye, for that I used the black nail pen from Nail Supreme.


For the bird I used only the Nail Supreme nail pens, first I painted an oval at the end of my nail. Once dry I added a smaller oval over the top of the bird for its stomach, and took the blue pen to create its hair with three small lines. Then using the white nail pen I dotted the eyes, waited for it to dry and dotted small black spots for the eyes. Then added a small yellow beak with the yellow nail pen.

The frog was painted with Collection 2000 - Mint Mojo, no 17 - Fairy Cake, and the white and black nail pens. I first did the same technique as the bird, and painted a green oval and then two dots on the top of his head. Once this had dried I painted white spots on the two green dots, waited for that to dry and added the black pupils. Then I drew a smile with the black pen, then two small pink dots for rosy cheeks.

For the penguin I did a large oval, over the majority of my nail with the black nail pen brush. Once dried I painted a white oval for its belly, a yellow triangle for its beak and two small yellow ovals for its feet. Then I repeated the steps previously for his eyes.

The panda was by far the easiest, though in hindsight they were all fairly easy. I painted a white stripe, much like a larger french tip, dotted two black dots for its ears, two black spots for its eyes, then white over that, then two more black spots for the pupils, and a black spot for its nose.

I was extremely proud of these nails, and though at first I thought they would be difficult they were actually fairly easy! So anybody could give it a go, and do different animals :) 
Please let me know what you think as this is my first post, would love to hear some constructive criticism! What I've done wrong, what you think I could do better, etc :) 

5 comments:

  1. I think this is a great first post! I can't wait to see more of your nails!! The only suggestion I would have is maybe putting the word "nail" someplace in your title, just so that people know you're going to be posting nail art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much! :)
    I will take your suggestion on board, definitely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great i'm just doing an animal nail wheel atm! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooooo cute :3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the flamingo! Would love to get these for my holiday to Florida.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear any comments from you :)